We are all gifted with intuitive ability. Intuition is part of psychic ability and we all have some psychic gifts! Some call it their “gut feeling”. Others say it’s an inner voice. I like to think of intuition as messages from the universe – God -spirit – angels – from energy vibrations.
Google search says:
- the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.”we shall allow our intuition to guide us”
- a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.
- direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
- a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
- a keen and quick insight.
- the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
- Philosophy. an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by aprevious cognition of the same object.any object or truth so discerned.pure, untaught, noninferential knowledge.
Intuition is a vital tool. It warns us of danger. It helps us make decisions. It allows us to seek deeper wisdom. It is the instincts we possess for living.
Animals have instincts and they use it all the time. Why don’t we? Why have we shut off the flow of inner knowledge and doubt the voice in our head that gives us warnings and tells us what choice is best for us?
The word psychic, which I link with intuition, is loaded with misunderstanding and fear. Many align the word with witchcraft (horror flick witchcraft, not real life witchcraft) or devil worship or woo woo new age mumbo jumbo. We’re afraid of it. Why? Because our modern minds have a need to understand and control everything. Anything that is out of that sphere, or not part of main stream religion, is considered bad for us. We’re ok with getting a “gut feeling” every now and then – but the practice of seeking out and being open to messages from a source beyond our comprehension is something most think is weird or evil.
So let’s straighten out this psychic word. Being psychic, or intuitive, is NOT about fortune telling or knowing the future. It is about reading energy… interpreting messages… predicting a future outcome based on what is going on right in this minute. Say you have two choices to make – your gut is saying to pick choice A which is unattractive yet better in the long run, but you like choice B better because it is fancier and shinier and will make you popular now. It’s not hard to predict that choice B is going to be a disaster for you in the long run. Your inner voice is telling you which choice to make.. it’s not magic.. it’s not evil… it’s trying to advise you.
It is also ok to be religious and believe in God – whichever God you choose – and have intuitive psychic ability. Consider that God is sending you the messages in a way that you can hear them – through your own inner voice!
Maybe you think psychic ability is just for people with a special gift? You have it too – only you haven’t taken the time to cultivate your gift. You can’t be good at sports without practice and you can’t tap in to your intuition on cue without learning to be open and ready to listen for messages.
A few quick tips on finding your psychic ability:
- Meditate. Meditation is the act of getting still in a quiet space so that you can listen for messages and inspiration. All the fru fru you see about meditation is not required – you can meditate in your car. However, crystals, candles, essential oils, soft pillows, mantras, etc… are helpful in being able to relax, tune out distraction and be open to the experience.
- Do something outdoors. Hike, swim, bike, walk through the grass, work in the garden, etc… These things ground you (bring you out of fear and anxiety state) and open you up to messages.
- Create something. Being creative is a great way to open you up to messages. Not artistic? There are many ways to be creative! Cooking, writing, painting, card making, drawing, planting a garden… all creation of something.
- Clutter clear. Clutter is suffocating. It blocks good energy from reaching us. Get rid of one thing that you don’t use or don’t love – see how great you feel!
The way you recieve messages may also be different than others. Some people see signs. Some hear a voice in their head. Some get a feeling in their body (gut feeling, butterflies, go weak in the knees). Some just know things. Some see images. Some have vivid dreams. Try to pinpoint how messages have come to you in the past so you can be aware of how to be open to them.
Just remember – the more you use an ability, the better you get at it. Listen. Trust. More messages will come.